FORUM

Mar 20 2021

Elective surgeries cancelled in some hospitals in Damascus due to increase in coronavirus infections

Damascus, SANA- Health Minister Hassan Mohammad Ghabbash demanded some hospitals in Damascus to cancel elective surgeries and to run those hospitals with their maximum energy and potentials for the benefit of coronavirus patients due to the development of the infections’ conditions. In a circular to the public bodies of the Hospitals of Damascus, the Red Crescent, the Kidney, al-Basel for Cardiac Diseases and Surgery, the Minister instructed to stop the elective surgeries starting from March 22nd and to continue the emergency surgeries and the tumors only. The Minister also instructed to apply the plan of recalling the cadres in case …

May 23 2020

Health Minister: Tests of people who interacted with suspected Coronavirus case in Tartous are negative

Related Articles Damascus, SANA – Commenting on the talk related to closing down Tartous port after suspecting that a Russian person there was infected with Coronavirus, Health Minister Nizar Yazigi clarified that the situation is different from how it being portrayed. The Minister said that when a Russian person at the port was tested for COVID-19, the test came back positive, noting that this test is 70% accurate. He said that out of concern for the health of workers in the port and everyone else in the area, the workers were prevented from leaving the port until all those who …

Mar 22 2020

Health Minister: First Coronavirus case in Syria detected in person who had arrived from abroad

Related Articles Damascus, SANA – Health Minister Dr. Nizar Yazigi said that the first case of Coronavirus (COVID-19) was registered in Syria in a person who had come from abroad. In a statement given over the phone to the Syrian TV on Sunday evening, Yazigi said that the Ministry’s labs reported the first case of Coronavirus to be registered in Syria, and that all necessary measures have been taken to deal with this situation. The Minister said the patient, a man in his twenties, had arrived from abroad, and hadn’t shown any symptoms upon entering Syria, and the Contagious and …

Mar 21 2020

Health Minister: No Coronavirus cases in Syria until now, work continues to increase readiness

Related Articles Damascus, SANA – Health Minister Dr. Nizar Yazigi said that precautionary measures are still being taken and readiness for confronting Coronavirus (COVID-19) is being increased, noting that all test results conducted so far have come out negative and that no cases have been registered to this day. In a statement to journalists on Saturday, Yazigi said that in addition to setting up al-Zabadani National Hospital as a fully-staffed quarantine center, the Ministry is also working to prepare other places to serve as quarantine centers for Syrians who come from countries where infections have been registered for 14 days …

Mar 14 2020

Health Minister: No confirmed infections with the Coronavirus until today

Damascus, SANA_ There is no confirmed infection with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Syria until today, Health Minister Dr. Nizar Yaziji has said. In a press conference held on Saturday with the Resident Representative of the World Health Organization (WHO) in Syria Dr. Neama Saeed, Minister Yaziji added that all samples analyzed in public health laboratories for suspected cases of the virus were negative. The government’s measures and raising the health sector’s readiness are preventive and precautionary measures to control the spread of infection if any infection is recorded, he clarified. The Minister Yaziji pointed out that the measures taken at …